Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm baacckk!!!

Hello all! Todd and I just returned from Vegas at about 1:00 p.m. this afternoon. It's been a very long day as we go up this morning at 4 a.m. to be to the airport by 5 for our 7 a.m. flight! So, if I calculate it correctly I've already been awake for about 10 hours today...could be why I'm so tired! Todd is in taking a nap as he has to work tonight but I'll just go to bed early tonight.

We had a fabulous time! Once you get past the fact that just about everyone there is rude and they don't know how to say excuse me or please and thank you...it's a much better time! Oh, and good Lord! Don't worry about going broke because of gambling (which we did not do ANY of...not even a penny slot!) you'll go broke tipping everyone! Sheesh! Everyone wants a tip on top of their regular wage!!! Here is a picture of me and Todd at a restaurant we found in the Golden Nugget on Freemont St. and it was FABULOUS!!! It is called The Grotto (it's Italian food) and is right inside the Golden Nugget. Our appetizer salads were called Pear Carpacciobosc pears with baby spinach, tomatoes, Gorgonzola, and sherry balsamic vinaigrette) and Pomodori e Cetrioli (thin sliced tomatoes and cucumbers with Gorgonzola and extra virgin olive oil)...yum, yum, yum, yummmmm!!! We are going to try and replicate the Pear Carpaccio here at home. Honestly, of all the places we ate while in Vegas this not only had the best food but it also had great ambiance, prices, portions, and wait staff!!! If you go to Vegas you must eat there! I'm busy uploading the other 73 pictures I took. If you'd like me to send you a slide show of our trip just e-mail me or post a comment and I'll do it!

Where are pictures of the stamped items? You don't get one today! Or, probably tomorrow...sorry! I'm going to get these pictures order from Snapfish today (uploading them there now!) and then when I receive them I'm going to scrapbook them right away...I don't want to forget to much detail! We had some really silly things happen! Hopefully I will get some stamping in before the pictures come (have to really...gifts to make!) and when I do you guys will be the first to see!

Missed you all!

2 comments that make my day!:

Anonymous said...

OH my Lori I missed you .. I see you both had a Great time and cant wait to see more photos of your trip ..Please share a few more .. How fun to get away with hubby .. Glad your home safe and sound.. See you tommorrow GF
xox
Dawn

Anonymous said...

PICTURES.....send me PICTURES!!! I want to see ALL of them :)

Your dinner sounds wonderful -- just my kind of food! I'll have to remember that restaurant when we go to Vegas.

I'm glad you had a great time and I'm glad you're home.