Monday, February 15, 2010

What's for Dinner Tonight?

I thought I'd share this recipe with you this week and yes, I'm making it for dinner tonight! I have never been able to find chunky Italian-style tomato sauce in my area so I just use a little less than 15 oz of tomato sauce and add more Italian seasoning to the mixture. I've also not had tomato sauce on hand and used diced tomatoes as well (just draining off a little of the juice so it wasn't too runny and it was just as good! You could add any additional toppings that you'd like...I've added turkey pepperoni...to make it something you'll love. Add a salad or other veggie side and you are all set to go! My boys (all of them) love this recipe!

Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

1 pound ground round
15 ounce can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
Pam
10 ounce can refrigerated pizza crust dough
1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce, and cook until heated.
While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of baking dish. Top bottom of pizza crust with meat mixture.
Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Yields: 6 servings.

Work time = 10 minutes
Cook time = 20 minutes

Calories: 277
Fiber: 1.6g
Fat:7.7g

3 comments that make my day!:

Jennifer ♥ said...

I just made your Spaghetti Lovers Soup and it was a winner!! This sounds really good too! I'll give it a try :)

Danni said...

Oh yummy..this sounds so good!! What time should I come over...LOL!

Kim said...

this looks super yummy. I always loved deep dish pizza