Sunday, December 2, 2007

No Stamping Yesterday

So, yah...since we are having a 'party' today and my stamp area has been a mess for awhile now I decided I would go ahead and clean it up. Todd said I didn't have to but I just couldn't leave it such a mess and I guess I didn't realize just how much of a mess I had! My major issue right now is storage. Because I only have a corner of the living room (which is great because I'm around the family when I'm stamping that way) there isn't any room for extra anything. And really, some of the area is for books and such that I need for other things too. My retired and 'I'm not currently using' stamp sets go in a box (or three) in the bedroom closet which means they are definitely not getting used the way they should...poor things! I'm sure they are lonely wondering why I love the other sets more!

Anyway, it took me about 2 hours total to go through everything, put things away that I don't really have room for and don't use often, re-organize, dust, and generally make the area look like I can actually use it. I made a special drawer for my Giga and Mega Punches which gave me back a lot of space on my desk. I couldn't put away my SU! or Copic markers though as I use them too often. It still is a bit messy looking but that is because I got out my Christmas cards so that I can see what I have to send and what I need to still make. It will be fun sending a different card to everyone this year.

I hope that I get some time to stamp this evening although it is going to be a very busy week for me so I may have other things to do. Have a super wonderful Sunday everyone!

5 comments that make my day!:

Courtney said...

Wow! You go, girl! my room looks like the before picture... with christmas presents still in bags on top of everything! I hope to get some work done today on all of that!!

Hugs!

Diane said...

Now that you've cleaned your room,
can you come and do mine??? Please!
It looks so nice when everything's in it spot...until next stamping session huh!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Isn't it amazing how messy we can get our area....I always say when mine is cleaned that I am gonna keep it that way. Yeah Right!!! Looks Great Lori!!!

Anne said...

Thanks for reminding me of the "disaster zone" in the master bedroom! I couldn't possibly have another creative process in it's current condition! *wink*

I can so relate to my friend, Lisa's Blessed a latte! (HUGS LISA)

Hugs :)

Maria said...

Hi Lori! Wow, you did a great job cleaning up your area! I can totally relate about the space issue. I've got everything crammed into every available storage space I can find. Regardless, I'm still over flowing with stuff.

Thank you for participating in my blog candy challenge! Hope you had fun! Good luck!

Maria