Tuesday, August 21, 2007

You Live In A Zoo

It was my friend, Angela's, birthday yesterday. And while I had full intentions of giving her a Bella card for her birthday I remembered that I have a really cute saying stamp combo (from Gina K Designs)that says...on the front, Happy Birthday To You...and the inside, You Live In A Zoo...You Know The Rest. I just had to use that saying! So, I pulled out my Monkey Business stamp set and decided to search SCS for an idea. HERE is my inspiration. Yeah, I know that it looks basically the same but it was just sooooo cute! I probably won't put it on SCS simply because it is too CASEd (I didn't change it enough to make it mine) so I'll put the recipe at the bottom of this post. And, this is the first time I've used this cute monkey set...I will definitely be using it more! I wonder if I could invent a 6x6 scrapbook page out of it? Hmmm....

Alright, ladies! I need at least 2 more swappers for my fall/Halloween PRIZE swap! You only have to make 6 cards and you still have about 3 weeks to get it done! Won't you join us?

I hope you all have a super fantastic day!

How I made this card:
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Stamps: Monkey Business, Happy birthday to you...zoo set
Ink: Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Markers (for the pineapple), Brads, Celery 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

3 comments that make my day!:

Anonymous said...

What a fun card you created! Your friend will love this one!!

Amber Porter said...

Cute card! I have this set and I don't use it often enough! I should pull it out and make something with it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this!! I'm in a monkey phase right now :)