Thursday, July 5, 2007

Jacob's Ladder

On Splitcoast two weeks ago the Wednesday Tutorial was how to make a Jacob's Ladder with coasters and paper. I decided I wanted to make one (okay actually 3) of these for baby gifts. One for a shower that I'm attending this weekend. I didn't actually start it until yesterday and I was a bit confused with the directions BUT...I did it!!!! I had the hardest time coming up with a cute front for the ladder. I had a plan but then realized I put two of the same pieces of designer paper next to each other...oops! Anyway, I love the way this turned out. I have a question for you guys though. If you received this Jacob's Ladder and 12 baby thank you cards would that be a good gift? That is what I'm planning but I don't want to seem like I'm cheap or anything. Oh, and the mom-to-be loves my hand made stuff so that is a positive, right? What do you think?

We had a great time last night at the fireworks. We actually didn't go to where we could see the ground fireworks going off as the traffic is a nightmare (yep, traffic is a nightmare in my little town!). We found a nice little hill to sit on top of and enjoyed them from there. It was perfect! Only about 10 other people where there, no bugs, and it was fun to oooo and ahhhh at them!

Hope your 4th was fun, too!

6 comments that make my day!:

Sharon in NE said...

The mom-to-be will LOVE it. Your creations are treasures, better than anything you find at a discount store, soon to be sitting on a garage sale table.

However, if in doubt, please send one of everything you make to my address, I will gladly treasure it.
^_^

Heather S. said...

I think that is a great gift to give to a mother-to-be, just make sure to let her know how to insert pictures of her new baby so she'll have it to treasure.

What a great idea.

Nicole said...

Love it! Now I definitely have to try this!

btw, I "tagged" you on my blog. Don't worry about playing along, just wanted to list you as a blogger I really enjoy! Thanks for what you do!

Lorie said...

Hey, from Todd....you did a great job as always. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Thank you for sharing the story and information on the Jacob's Ladder toy you made. When I saw your idea, I 'thought' I knew what you were talking about, but now I know for sure! Next step is to TRY to make one. This would be a great Stamp Camp porject! I hope I can do it since I am one who needs to see what I am doing better then reading it. Wish me luck, lol. OH, if your 'mom' that is receiving this and the 12 thank-you cards doesn't love the gift, something is way wrong!

Stephanie's Photography said...

Such a wonderful idea! Im a photographer, and Im always looking for new ideas for my little business. This is just so adorable! I cant wait to try it.
e-mail me sometime, maybe we can colabrate!
stephaniesphotography@gmail.com !

Thanks!