Thursday, May 10, 2007

Card Contest

I sat down to stamp last night for a card contest that Joan over at Paperlicious is having. All you have to do is make and send a card with the Gina K Designs set called Love You To Pieces (you know the set that is raising money for Autism research) that I showed you about a month ago and you are entered in. Easy, huh? Best part is...it is a random drawing from the envelopes! Know what you get if you win? $50 worth of stuff from Gina's store! Woohoo! Anyway, this is not at all what I had in mind when I sat down to make it and I'm not even sure I like it all that much but...I'm going with it. What do you guys think? Oh, and sorry about the shadowing on the card...I took the picture at the wrong time of day!

I'm off to Yakima today for Bible study and some lunch at Red Robin...yummy! It is such a fun time to mix Bible study, food, and shopping. And, to think, I get to do it every week. Okay, not every week. This is my last week at Bible study as Todd graduates next Thursday and then the follow Thursday Angela won't be going (so I won't) and it is the last one for the year sooooo...this is it for me. Wow! To many 'ands' in that sentence or what? Hopefully, I'll be able to pick it up in the fall.

I just have to tell you guys about the book I'm reading for one of my classes this summer. It is Christianity Through The Centuries. I chose to start with that one because I thought it might be interesting. And it would be if only it weren't quite so text bookish. I forgot what text books are like. Very factual just laying out the information. I'll get used to it. I'm not going to go onto another book because if I do I might never go back! Anyway, first experience as an adult student...very interesting, I'm telling ya!

You all have a fantastic day!

1 comments that make my day!:

Anonymous said...

I really like the card! Love red, black & white together & the stamp set is so neat.
Hmmmm...wonder if you're in BSF? That's the Bible Study I'm in & we will be ending our Romans study about the same time.
Thanks for the book Idea - I'm looking for something to do over the summer so I don't stagnate : ) until BSF begins again in September.