Thursday, March 29, 2007

Start Small

I'm a little later in posting today because when I opened my Yahoo e-mail today (which almost all stamping e-mail goes to) I had received about 8 of each group message (for a total of 154) that was sent after I logged out last night. Yikes! That is crazy!

Here is my card for the Vintage Section swap that I'm in. Not too long ago I read on another blog to start small when you aren't sure what you'd like to do with a card. That is what I had to do with this card. I started by making the Statue of Liberty in ATC (Artist Trading Card) size which is 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. After which I actually did a little copying from the IB&C. I loved the way it showed the flag in the back ground so I went with it. One of the comments that I've gotten on it is that it is very patriotic. Yes, the colors of blue and red do put that vibe out there but I've sponged around the edge and into the Brocade Blue center of the card and it really gives it a vintage feel in real life, almost like an old postcard. Materials are...Stamps: Liberty for All. Ink: Brocade Blue, Real Red, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand, and Bashful Blue. Card Stock: Real Red, Brocade Blue, Sahara Sand, Night of Navy, Whisper White, and Watercolor Paper. Accessories: Aqua Painter, Dimensionals, Linen Thread, 1/16" Punch and Sponges.

I am going on a field trip with Kyler today to our fair grounds. They are going to learn about agriculture. He is very excited (what kid isn't?) and loves it when I come with. They have another field trip next week to release the Salmon they have raised in their classroom. I'll try to go to that one too. I love that I can do that with my kids.

Have a great stamping Thursday everyone!

1 comments that make my day!:

Anonymous said...

This card looks great!

Hope the field trip was fun :)