Sunday, August 21, 2011

Clear Dollar Stamps August Blog Hop

Good morning all! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Ours has been very pleasant so far.

Welcome to the August Clear Dollar Stamps Blog Hop! You should have arrived from Sarah's blog. If you didn't head back to the CDS blog to start. This month we have a theme of "My Favorite Things." I, of course, wanted clarification of what that meant and was told I could make it whatever works with the theme. Oh, boy...I like clearly defined parameters...lol!

I went lots of different ways when thinking of what I'd do...Christmas, music, movie, and finally I just went with my favorite season...fall. My birthday is in the fall and my grandma and grandpa used to come up for it each year. We'd have a bonfire and just enjoy each others company. Good memories!

I have used the digi set called Autumn Joy on my card along with some paper and embellishments that I've had around forever. I have to tell you I really enjoyed coloring this tree. I used probably about 15 different Copic marker colors.

I hope you like my little card! Now, you need to head on over to Jan's blog by clicking HERE. Have a great time on the blog hop everyone!

32 comments that make my day!:

Basslady said...

a wonderful autumn-card!

i love the textured pumpkin you added as an embellishment...very cool!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Lorie, what a darling card. I love this stamp and almost used it. lol. Your coloring is beautiful and I love fall also!
Hugs, Sarah

VanessaB said...

wonderful fall card, it's so whimsey and cute and fun.

Karen Howard said...

Lori, what a wonderful card and memories! I too love fall and sitting by the campfire with family and friends and chatting the night away! Hugs, Karen

Donna said...

Gorgeous fall card and you obviously have fond memories of your grandparents. I just can't seem to get into fall yet. I love it but I'm having trouble letting summer go. Hehe. Maybe once we get into September. Have a wonderful week!

Christi said...

Very nice card! Great Job all around!

Elizabeth S. said...

Such a lovely card! Love your tree. Great job coloring it!.

Saints Rule! said...

I just love that textured pumpkin! I too love fall and can't wait to get some of paper stash out to start... I think you have inspired me! Thanks so much!

Kathy D. said...

Fall is my favorite too!! I have been wanting to do that stamp too! Oh course yours looks amazing!

Linda Anderson said...

Lorie, you did a wonderful job on this card, your interpretation of the theme was perfect!! Fabulous image and such wonderful coloring!!! Love those papers too!!

Linda

Marsha said...

Adorable card. Autumn is my favorite season - love the tree and the pumpkin embellie is a great touch.

Edwina said...

I love your card!!! Fall is my favorite Season too. Fall leaves, pumpkins, Thanksgiving, family. That is Fall to me. I loved to see this digi in use. I have been looking at it. now I know i want it. Thank You! Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

Karen M said...

A very pretty card. I love anything with trees and this is gorgeous xx

Misty said...

What a wonderful card. I love the fall theme...it's just around the corner.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Lorie, this is so pretty. Wonderful coloring and and perfect choice of papers and colors.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous card. TFS.

Shell said...

Super card, Lorie! That's the fun of the challenges and themes ... just run with whatever you get in your head. :) I love the autumn colors and theme. Great job. :)

Cathi said...

LOVE that background printed paper!! AHHH dorable!


cathi carpenter
ourfam@bellsouth.net

DeneAnn said...

I love Fall! Beautiful job on the tree, live Copic markers, too!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is a favorite CDS image of mine, I love fall colors! The fall season eludes us in Arizona but I still love the colors :) Have a great weekend!

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS What a Beautiful fall card!

Chrisd said...

Thanks for sharing your memories. I think your card is great and reminds me that apple season will be here before we know it. I love going apple picking and sharing it as a family. Thank for the hop.

Heather said...

So fun! My favorite season for decorating is fall and this card is beautiful.

joybear said...

Beautiful! The tree is amazing!

Lisa Lara said...

Fantastic interpretation Lorie. I love fall too. Love your pumpkin embellish.

Kelly said...

Fall is my favorite season, too. I love that background and the striped DP. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Lori,

I LOVE your embellies but the papers and the tree caught my attention the most. I am not a fall person, mostly a summer one:-) TFS!

Sue D said...

Fabulous Fall card--my favorite season too!

CreativeMish said...

Very nice! I was just looking at Fall decor in the stores over the weekend. I love Fall!

Karenladd said...

Love your card...and it's tree of many colors! Wonderful texture on the pumpkin too!

Sue from Oregon said...

aww...such wonderful memories! Great fall card Lorie!

Dani said...

I love fall too! Fabulous card, makes me wish for cooler temps! :)