Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lily of the Valley In The Garden

Just a little stop in here this morning to show a little altered notebook that I made the other day.

When I was looking for a something else I came across this little notebook. I'm sure I bought it to alter as it is just a kraft colored notebook but it got put away and forgotten like so many things do.Smiley from millan.net I received this Pure Innocence set by My Favorite Things in the mail the other day so I decided to use the main image and one of the sentiments on the notebook. I'm sure I've told you before that Lily of the Valley are my all time favorite flower. I adore the strong scent and fragile, pure white flower. It bring back great memories of my childhood! I'm going to use this cute little notebook for prayer requests received.

Anyway, I grabbed out a piece of DCWV paper covered the front of the notebook, paper pieced the girls dress then popped her up on the notebook. I added the Lily of the Valley sentiment just because I love the name so much. LOL!

The Lily of the Valley flower itself also very much so reminds me of a song (weird I know) call In The Garden. Below is a great rendition of the song by Brad Paisley. Enjoy the song and have a wonderful Saturday!


4 comments that make my day!:

Patti J said...

Lorie, I don't know what I like more - your card or your Brad Paisley song! Both made me smile today - thanks for sharing!!! Your altered notebook is fabulous - I have a big tub of things like that...I mean to alter them and do a Christmas Craft Fair, but never seem to get around to it!!! Hugs...

Sue from Oregon said...

Ha...I have lots of projects like this too! Love this little gal with her LOTV flowers...so cute!

Kristine said...

Awww, soo CUTE!! Love that she's holding this LOTV flower! Cute Cute. =)

CreativeMish said...

What a pretty altered book. I love the stamp. I've only seen Lily of the Valley a couple of times in my life. I don't think very many people here grow them. They're so pretty.