Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Beautiful Day

Good morning friends! Is everyone's week going well? It has been sunny here the last couple of days so I have been in a great mood!

As I sat down to make a card for my Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps post day (I'm posting this card here and on the SNSS blog) I knew I needed one more Mother's Day card so that is what I set out to make. I started with the sketch from Carly's Sketch Challenge blog HERE, added the Lilac's for Cocoa image and came up with what, I think, is a lovely card. The patterned paper is retired SU! and I colored my image with Copic markers. It will be just perfect for the mom I'm sending this card too. My mom has been gone for 13 years now but I always send a card to Todd's mom, my former MIL, and this year to another special friend of ours.

I've gotta tell you that while I still miss my mom everyday I have been very blessed to have women in my life to guide me as a mom, friend, child of God, and wife. A big thanks to my Mom June. She has stood by me through thick and thin over the last 11+ years and I know that I can ALWAYS count on her!

How is your Mother's Day card/gift making coming?

12 comments that make my day!:

Unknown said...

Aww..Lorie, what a fab card!!! Just LOVE it! I have my project done for my mum. But i still have to do something for my mum nr 2!! (MIL) Have a great! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Donna said...

Darling card, Lorie. I've always liked Cocoa. My mother too has passed on so I just have my MIL. I have more MD cards than I can use this year!

Donna Baker said...

what a beauty - I'm sure she will love it! my mom has been gone for 15 years but I still remember fondly how she touched my life and many other's. Blessings to you!!

Kristine said...

awww, this is soo SWEET!! Love your whole card and it looks very sweet with Carly's sketch =) Thanks Lorie!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love this layout!

Carly said...

Hi Lorie!
The little mouse is the perfect surprise. LOL

xxCARLYxx

Danni said...

Very pretty card!!

Sue from Oregon said...

So pretty! I must get to stamping my cards too...last minute lizzie!

Dani said...

So pretty! Great job!

Missy said...

This is a beautiful card. I love lilacs. It helps that I grew up on Lilac St :)
Someday when we are in our final home I will have to plant lilacs.

Ida said...

This is beautiful. My mom loves Lilacs (me not so much as they make me sneeze). They are a beautiful flower though. Hope you enjoy Mother's Day even though your mom is gone now. I know she's with you in spirit and that she helped make you the special woman that you are today. God Bless

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is so pretty, Lorie! Have a super Mother's Day!