Saturday, January 29, 2011

Do you Digi?

Good morning friends! Smiley from millan.net If you've noticed I haven't been posting as much this week. Well, I've had quite the head cold and they aren't conducive to crafting I have found out. I seem to be turning the corner to better health today though (I might actually have my voice today!) so I thought I'd mention something to you that I did last night.

Do you use or would you like to learn how to use digital images? They seem to be the new, hip thing in crafting. I actually REALLY like digital images. They are less expensive, tend to be line drawn (great for coloring), and you can make your image any size you want. Awhile back I became a member of Crafter's Digital Art Center. They offer information, sharing, challenges & freebies from different Digi Artists. This weekend they are doing something called their Group Heart Hop. It is like a blog hop but it is all within their Ning structure. You go to different groups, become a member of those groups, leave a comment, receive a word and then when all done hopping around you go to the last, private, group leave your phrase in the requested spot, wait while approved and then you receive a free digi from each of the groups. It was fun to discover new places to purchase digis and to receive free ones at the end!

I have a CDAC badge in my left sidebar if you want to click over to them and become a member. If you have any questions about digi stamps you can leave them in a comment with a way to get back to you and I'll do my best to answer it!

Now, I thought I'd like to a couple of my favorite Digi Stamp Stores although I have a TON of favorites! And, frankly a lot of traditional rubber stamp companies are now offering digi too!


Remember...these companies are off the top of my head and there are a lot more (I might come back and add to this list) out there.

Enjoy your Saturday...see ya tomorrow!

5 comments that make my day!:

pescbrico said...

Lately I'm in to learning Photoshop to do all kind of amazing thing! I've discover a website where you can take courses and I'm always amazed at what I'm learning! Thanks for the link of those digi stamp company!

Sue McMahon said...

Hope you are feeling better!

CreativeMish said...

I hope you're starting to feel better. Thanks for the digi links. I need to find some kind of masculine image.. so I'm going to go search through these links.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your turning the corner to better health Lorie. It's never fun to have a horrible cold and I hope yours is over really soon. Can't wait to see what you post next. Thanks for all the digi links too!! Hugs!

Kristine said...

Sorry you haven't been well... I didn't know, and shame on me for not checking up on you! I've been really busy this week -- not so much in crafting though, unfortunately! Anyways, nice post! I did the hop --was fun! Psst, I'm the Spotlight Member at CDAC, although ya kinda have to go searching for it, LOL. I had to ask where to find it myself! ANyways, it's a fun place. Lots of chit chat and tutorials and of course... FREEBIES! 3 of my faves over there are Doodle Pantry, D2D, and M5D (of course!) ;)