Monday, April 19, 2010

What's for Dinner Tonight?

Good morning all! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Todd and I did some painting in my soon to be craft room. Good news is...it didn't take too incredibly long. Bad news is...I don't like the color. We are hoping that a second coat will make it more the green I was hoping to as I'm not going to paint again so I have to put up with the color. Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

Whole Wheat Spaghetti Carbonara

POINTS® Value: 4
Servings: 5
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Bacon and eggs never tasted so good! This lightened up version of a classic couldn’t be easier to whip up.


Ingredients
8 oz uncooked whole-wheat pasta, spaghetti
3 slice(s) uncooked reduced-fat bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
1 medium garlic clove(s), peeled and smashed
1 large egg(s), beaten
1 large egg white(s), beaten
6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, use half Parmigiano Reggiano and half Romano
1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Instructions

* Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and set aside.

* Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over a medium-low heat. Add bacon and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is crisp, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove garlic; leave bacon and bacon fat in skillet.

* Add spaghetti to skillet; toss well and remove from heat. Add eggs and both types of cheese; toss well to coat. Season to taste; serve immediately. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

Notes

* *We use two different types of Parmesan cheese for optimal flavor but you can just use one kind if you prefer.

Save a few teaspoons of cheese to sprinkle on before serving, if desired.

Well, I hope you'll try this recipe and have a wonderful Monday and I'll see you back here tomorrow with a fun card for a boy!

4 comments that make my day!:

Donna said...

This sounds yummy, Lorie. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have to get back to leaving comments for people. I've been so busy I've been neglecting that. Have a great week!

Diane said...

Looking yummy! Hope the paint gets better with the 2nd coat!

Sparkplug17 said...

Sounds yummy! What shade of green did you paint? I hope the 2nd coat helps.

Mary said...

So sorry to hear about the paint color. I hope it all works out for you. As for your dinner it looks delicious. Now If I was not restricted to low fat only I would give this recipe a try for sure.

Mary