Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Tree For Henry

As you all know a friend of mine...Sarah Anderson's 3 year old son died on Monday. Little Henry was just unable to overcome a virus that made him ill last week.

I have been organizing a way to donate for a memorial for Henry. Henry loved his local zoo and visited it almost every day in the summer. As a memorial, trees will be planted there in his honor. Melissa at Pink Cat Studio has created a digital stamp to help raise funds for a tree for Henry. All proceeds from the sale of the digi stamp, minus Paypal costs, will go towards the tree. If you would like to donate towards the tree, please visit this webpage to purchase the digi stamp: http://www.pinkcatstudio.com/Digital/DigiStamps/Animals/Zoo/GiraffeAndMonkey.htm If you'd like to purchase this stamp but aren't sure what to do with a digi image please contact me and I'll do my best to explain it to you!

Another way to donate to the memorial is to print out this form and mail in your donation directly: http://www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/Parks/PDF/MemorialTreePamphlet.pdf Please write on the form that the donation is for Sarah Anderson’s son Henry. Once all of the money is collected, a tree and location will be selected. If you have questions about the form please let me know. I will be in contact with Sarah along this memorial journey to ensure that her wishes are followed.

If you don’t know Sarah and would like to learn more about her, you may visit her blog: http://scrampinmama.blogspot.com/

Thank you for your help to raise money for a tree for Henry and please continue to pray for the Anderson family.

PS: Due to this important fundraiser I will be posting the winner of my blog candy tomorrow.

16 comments that make my day!:

Mariska said...

So good of you to do this for Sarah Lorie. I have had Sarah and her family in my thoughts a lot the past week and I am so glad that in buying the image (even though I already got it for free) and making a card with the image I could participate at least a little in your fundraiser. I hope the fundraiser will go very well. Take care!

xxx
Mariska

Danni said...

I added this to my blog. Thank you for doing so much on this fundraiser. Hugs my friend!

i {heart} papers said...

Adorable Lorie. Thanks for helping out!

Dani said...

Super cute! Thank you for taking on the fundraiser task, you're the best!

Elizabeth S. said...

Lorie, what a wonderful tribute to this young boy and his family. So nice of you to do a fundraiser to get a tree in the zoo in his honor.

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

I came here from Danni's blog - my heart aches for Sarah. Thank you for organizing the fundraiser.

Missy said...

This is such sad news. I have a 3 year old and could not imagine going through this. My heart and prayers are with her and her family. I am heading over to PCS right now to purchase this stamp. Thank you!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I know Sarah will appreciate everything everyone is doing!

Allison Rankin said...

A beautiful creation and a tender idea Lorie. I linked it up on my blog too (and bought the stamp!).

Christi Flores said...

What a sweet card Lorie! And you are so awesome for doing all that you're doing for Sarah and her family.

Kim said...

So AMAZING Lorie! You are the greatest! Of course you know I will be donating! :) Sending you lots of hugs hun!
Kim

Marion said...

What a wonderful way to remember little Henry. Bless you for your kindness.

Marion, UK

bumblebee creations said...

What a super idea for remembering Henry! Going to check it out now! TFS!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for Sarah and her family's loss. I just went and purchased the image. I will keep them in our prayers.

Unknown said...

I just bought the image. My heart bleeds for Sarah and her family.
You are an angel for doing this.

Becca said...

Lorie, this card is adorable.