Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Owl Fun

Morning stampers! (Is my good morning greeting annoying? I say it almost everyday.) Can ya believe it is Wednesday already? I know? Where does the time go, huh? I know some of you guys have your kids back at school already but mine kids don't go back until Sept 10th. I always have mixed feelings about it...I love having my kids home but I crave the routine of the school year so I'm usually ready for them to go back to school. That and this year Jon is a senior so it will be fun to see him go through all those last year of high school activities!

Onto the card. Almost this entire card is made with products from the Taylored Expressions Key Ingredient Kit for August. I LOVE the fun kit and colors of this month. This time Taylor included some fun rub-on's and that is what I used for the tree, flowers, and owl...cute, huh? The button is a Lemon Tart button from PTI and I put some Lipstick Red Rhinestones in the center for a little bling (and honestly...to cover up a mistake but I bet you guys never make mistakes, huh?). I, of course, used a sketch challenge for this card. This one is Jen's Sketch For You To Try for the week. I can't believe I didn't use any ribbon on this! That is so not normal for me! LOL!

So, have you guys watched the new show called Shaq VS? In the show Shaq challenges other athletes to their own game. Last night we watched Shaq play football against Ben Roethlisberger and volley ball against Misty May Trainer and Kerri Walsh. It is actually a pretty good show. There is definitely lots of smack talk but overall...a fun show to watch. If you like sports you should check it out sometime!

Well, that is about it for me for today. I hope that you all have a super day!

11 comments that make my day!:

Kelly L said...

Very nicely done, Lorie! I love the tree bhind the image like that and great dp choices to go with it.

Kristine said...

This is awesome Lorie! I LOVE the Fall theme... well, DUH it's from the Fall kit! LOL. Great sketch and everything =0) REALLY...he's a SENIOR?!! Well, enjoy! LOL. My nephew Matt (Kathy's son) is a senior this year as well. Can't believe it *shaking head*

Elizabeth S. said...

Great card!! I love the rhinestones on the button. Sometimes maybe that is why we make the mistakes to give things that little extra it needs.
Love your new picture.

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling card! That owl is too cute.

Steph Zerbe said...

ohhh, I am totally digging this card!
I love the stamp and papers. I am so not good at mixing pattern papers. You are brilliant!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the colors and design!! Totally fab fall card!! Cute Owl!

Jessica G. said...

Fun card! I really like that you didn't use a lot of layers, but used such pretty DPs to create pattern and texture. I agree -- the tree rub-on is a great background touch!!

Dani said...

This is super cute! I love the rubons, very cool. Great job!

Michelle said...

What a fun and funky card. I love the groovy 70s vibe.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yummo! I love that kit, too. Your card is great!

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome creation...love how you included the rub-ons!