Tuesday, April 14, 2009

thinkin' about ya...

Morning everyone! Did you have a good start to your week? Yesterday was a day off for Kyler so really...we just hung out together and he got some school work done. I am so blessed to be able to be home with him on days off like that!

Remember the image I told you that I spilled diet coke on? Yeah, it would have looked like this one. I actually like my coloring on this flower better so, yay!

The SNSS senior design team challenge for this week is a "thinking of you" card. When I saw the challenge I just knew I had to use the Bee Happy set. I love the bees, flower, and fun sentiments that are included in this set! I am having a hard time getting good pictures again so just imagine much prettier colors in real life, k?

I hope you get a chance to participate in this challenge. I know you are like I am and send this type of card so...go stamp!

I hope you have a super day today!

Card deets:
Stamps: Bee Happy
Cardstock: SU! DSP from SAB, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, So Saffron
Ink: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Palette
Accessories: Copic Markers, Nestibilities

15 comments that make my day!:

Unknown said...

Such a cute card! Love that image and your coloring is wonderfull!

Sandy said...

I love it and I love that the flower looks like a sunflower - I LOVE sunflowers! Great card!!!

Missy said...

Absolutely wonderful card. I love the light colors you used as well. Makes it so spring and inviting. TFS!!!

Emily said...

This is beautiful! Love that flower! Great layout! The piercing looks great!

Ceal said...

pretty card I love the colors!

Christi Flores said...

Beautiful Lorie! I LOVE this layout!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

I love your paper choice for this card. Very pretty.

Thank you for the lovely card, candy, and book. :) I'm gonna try to be more adventurous and try different kinds of coffees and journal it in there.

Kerry D-C said...

oooohaaaaah! this is SO PRETTY! Pretty layout! The touch of DC might have added character...no? lol!

Mandy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Cristina said...

Oh WOW ~ I love this card. The layout is awesome and the colors are great. I am slowly getting back into stamping. I just posted my most recent project. I've missed connecting with you!

Kristine said...

Hi Lorie! Very pretty card---OOOO, so is your blue one I see below. Sorry I haven't kept up with my commenting lately. I've been feeling so aweful for about 2 weeks now with terrible allergies. These first 2 Months of Spring are the worst for me. I actually didn't even go in to work today and left early yesterday :(
Such a downer today aren't I, lol!! Well, hopefully get into my "groove" again soon...I HOPE!

Have a great week!

Melissa Bickford said...

Love the soft, springy colors you chose! Beautifully done!!

The Howland Family said...

Just beautiful Lorie! Michaela actually planted sunflowers in the garden this year :)

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Aother lovely card, Lorie, I like it!

Diane said...

Very pretty Lorie!!!