Monday, April 6, 2009

limeLIGHT april project

Good morning stampers! Today is the 6th of the month and what does that mean? Yep, it is reveal day for limeLIGHT Papercrafts project for the month.

In April limeLIGHT is celebrating Earth day by going green. Yep, that's right...take something you've used before (or is recycled) and make something fabulous with it!

For my project I have taken an Eclipse gum holder and re-purposed it for a peanut butter M&M holder. I started off intending to use patterned paper around the outside of the container but since the center of the container is concave so that was pretty close to impossible for me to do so...I used some of LLPC 1.5" Parrot Green Ric Rac. I do like to add ribbon in addition to that so I added a piece of So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, too. To the body of the container I added some cut out butterflies from a Unity stamp set (check out all of the Unity stamps that LLPC carries HERE). You will also find all the Prima flowers and adhesive Pearls you need HERE and HERE. For the top I used some lovely paper from TaaDaa and the sentiment from the Unity set on top.

I actually made this for a friend of mine who...1. has always given me cute cards card challenges, lots of support and 2. is seriously hoping that Spring will be here...like now! I'm hoping that the springy colors of this holder combined with her favorite candy will bring a smile to her face!

You definitely need to go check out what the other Chicks have to show you...they are quite the talented group of women! You can find links to their blogs following...JenMarie, Becky, Lisa, Ryann, Lee, and the limeLIGHT Papercrafts blog too.

Now, go...have a super day!

17 comments that make my day!:

Unknown said...

Oh, love what you have come up with!! Great idea!

JenMarie said...

OH so cute!

Lisa H. said...

super,supre cute! I love that we can take any little cute container and re-purpose it for something else and have the skills to make it look great. that's what you did here.

Becky Carafa said...

Lovely! I really like your tip of using ribbon with that giant ric rac. Looks so fabulous with all the flowers!

Mandy said...

Oooh!!! This is great! I love that you wrapped the wide ric rac around the container. It fits perfectly...who would have thought!! :) This will be much loved, I am sure!! :)

Emily said...

This is adorable!! I love how you wrapped the ribbon around it. Love the scallop circle and sentiment on top!

Gretchen said...

Oh how cute!! I love the flower trim! I'm hoping spring is here soon too. . .

Unknown said...

Love this Lorie! It is so perfect for the beautiful weather we've been having here! Hello Spring!

Diane said...

Sweet,I had made one of those last year. It looks great!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great way to go green. It's super cute and love the sentiment! :)

Kevin Renz said...

Another great idea! I love the interest that the container has to start out with that lid. Looks great all dressed up!

Christi Flores said...

I LOVE this idea!! Awesome girl!!!

Becky said...

Great idea!! this is just awesome.

Bev said...

Funny, my son buys these all the time and I thought I should keep some of the containers for SOMETHING! Now you gave me a great idea. Thanks for sharing!! Hope you & family are well.

Huggs!

Dani said...

Oh my word! This is super cute! Great idea, sure to brighten someones day!

Lee said...

Ohhh this is so cute!!! I've got one of those containers even!!! I love that rik rak!!

Kristine said...

AWESOME project!! Now I wanna go buy some chocolate eggs--thanks!! :) LOL. Can't wait to see your SNSS card soon!