Tuesday, March 24, 2009

sweet stems

Good morning everyone! Did you all get through your Monday okay? My day actually went better than I anticipated and I got a card made...yay!

This card is for my stamp club tomorrow night (so if you are coming...you know one thing you'll be making). One of the nice things about being a SU! demo is that the demo website has tons of ideas for cards, scrapbook pages and the like. It makes planning for an event pretty darn easy!

This card is made with the Sweet Stems set and Thank You single stamp. Add a little Raspberry Tart patterned paper along with Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, and Kiwi Kiss card stock and you have a pretty thank you card. I popped the flowers up with some dimensionals to give the card a little extra dimension and the paper piercing in the corners make it elegant. Easy schmesy!

Awhile back my friend, Sarah, sent me a fun daily calendar that has a Psalm each day along with a little comment. I've been wanting to share one with you guys for a little while so here goes...

God is for me. Psalm 56:9
Such breathtaking information in such a short sentence.

Isn't that something that we all need to remember when times get tough (and they are tough for some right now). God IS for me...good times, bad times, and all the time inbetween! Yay!

Anyway, I hope you all have a super Tuesday! I'll show you my final project for stamp club tomorrow.

14 comments that make my day!:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Psalm verse, I needed to read/hear that today.

Great card too!

Sandy said...

Very pretty, love the colors!!!

Christi Flores said...

God is for me...wow...that is so powerful! TFS that with us. I needed to hear it. :) Your card is gorgeous!

Missy said...

Great card!!! I noticed how you popped up the flowers. I love the dimension of cards.
Thanks for the verse. that is such a great figt idea. So powerful.

Unknown said...

Oh, that card is adorable!! Love it lorie!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great card. Have fun with your club and wait to see what else you all make.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful card Lorie. Yes, God is for you! Stay strong.

Emily said...

This is very pretty Lorie! Great colors! Love the popped up flower and the piercing! What you did in the corner with the punches and brad looks great too!

Diane said...

Lovely card!!! I'm sure they'll enjoy making that one!!
I might have to case it too,i really like it!

Kristine said...

Super pretty Lorie!! :) I made a similar card yesterday with Mojo Monday's sketch. I'll post that tomorrow. So how've ya been?!! I'm sorry I haven't been commenting lately. Was at Kathy's with very very slow dial up! But I'm back now. Well, hope you have a great week. I miss chattin' with ya. ☺

Kim said...

What a beautiful card Lorie! I am in so in love with the raspberry tart paper from SU! ANd now I think I may have to get that Thank You stamp after seeing your card! Beautiful work!
hugs~ Kim

Kerry D-C said...

oooooh........aaaaaaaaaah! I {heart} this!! The colors are lovely together!

Dani said...

Thanks for sharing the verse. I needed it this morning. :)

Love the card, very pretty!

Unknown said...

First of all, great card! I love the color combo.

Second, thanks for mentioning me, and that is definitely a powerful statement!

Third, I'm certain I paid more than $2.00 for that thing! LOL. Apparently I need to shop online! :)