Monday, March 9, 2009

his eye is on the sparrow

Good Monday morning everyone! I hope you had a super weekend and that you got just tons accomplished! I had to do the Children's Message (only about 5 minutes) at church yesterday and it was so nerve wracking (and my job is the Director of Children's Ministry...I just don't like to be in front of a full congregation!) that I needed to take a nap yesterday afternoon. The fact that it was daylight saving time might have had something to do with it too though.

This weeks sketch on PCP for Sweet N Sassy Stamps looked like one I could work with so I decided to try it. I got out my His Eye Is On The Sparrow set and some lovely quilted looking paper and came up with this. It is certainly simple...hopefully it looks clean and fresh. The cardstock and ribbon is from PTI and is the of the Berry Sorbet flavor (yum!). I had fun coloring the birds and flowers with my Copic Markers.

I have also liked the new trend of decorating the inside of cards so I decided to try it this time. I used another piece of the patterned paper and Berry Sorbet cardstock and added the sentiment. I still left some room to write a personal note as well. I really like the looks of this. I can't wait until I need to send someone a card!

If you decide to try this sketch I'd love to see your card so please come back and link me to it so I can see.

I'll probably have some Stampin' Up! cards over the next week or so as I would like to be ready for stamp club a little early this month....that and the swap card. Maybe I could even follow the rules this time! Tee hee! Anyway, I hope you have a super Monday! See you soon!

16 comments that make my day!:

Michele Kovack said...

Gorgeous card! Love those birds!!!

Mandy said...

Hey! I am our children's coordinator at church!! :) Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Glad you gave the sketch a try :).

Dani said...

I would have needed a nap too! I hate to speak in front of people, hate it! Your card is beautiful! I just love that set, so pretty and that paper is super sweet!

Sparkplug17 said...

Very pretty! I love all the polka dots.

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous! I felt off all day yesterday and today is no better. Time change is definitely wierd. LOL

Missy said...

Very pretty!!! Great job. I love the sentiment.
I am with you on speaking. I only had to teach a class for the women at church and that was nerve-racking enough. In two weeks I teach sharing time for the kids, oh no!!! :D

Emily said...

Lorie, this is gorgeous! Love the layout! Great image and coloring! That ribbon is so pretty!

Diane said...

Super sweet Lorie!

Lesli said...

Absolutely beautiful card Lori - I love the colors and stamp!

Lori Barnett said...

Love all your stuff...and this one is beautiful Lorie! Oh...and I hear ya about being in front of a crowd of people...especially at Church!! aacckk!!! I probably would have passed out! Been missin' ya my friend :(

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful Lorie! The colors, the coloring, just beautiful!

Bev said...

Simply Beautiful Dear! I love the color combo and the inside!

Chrissy D said...

This is GORGEOUS Lorie!!!!

Kerry D-C said...

ooooooh....aaaaah! this is so delightfully pretty!

Unknown said...

I love this set... and I'm pretty sure my sparrows will always be blue. :) Cute card!