Friday, October 3, 2008

comforting hugs

Good Friday morning stampers! Can you believe it is the end of another week? Wow...time is just flying by!

So...isn't this card just so comforting...lol! The stamp set that I used (and I had too 'cuz Dani made me!) is called Comforting Hugs and is a new set from Kim Hughes over at Cornish Heritage Farms. This is a seriously cute "get well" set...you must check it out!

So, you want to know what I used for the card, right? Well, I can't remember who the patterned paper is from but I did use the front and back for the opposing sides . With the plain turquoise-ish side I used a couple of the other stamps from the set to give it a little character. The scalloped circle is Riding Hood Red from SU! and the sentiment is layered on River Rock from SU!. I went over the sentiment with my black Spica glitter pen and also used the glitter pen for the dots on the turquoise squares. The layout is another Page Plans sketch. I do love the variety of sketches that they have! You can go HERE to see all the past sketches. Have fun!

Tomorrow I must show you the wonderful gift that my summer sister, Sarah sent me and maybe a photo or two of cards that some wonderful friends of mine sent my boys when their great-grandmother died. Then on Sunday...my very first official Page Plans sketch card! Woohoo! I'm excited...can ya tell?! LOL!

Have a super
Friday

15 comments that make my day!:

Unknown said...

*LOL* What a great card!! Love that image and sentiment!!!

Courtney said...

This is just adorable, girl! Love that bug!

pescbrico said...

LOL I would need that card for my daughter today... :) Very cute!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I can't wait to see that sketch! I love that little spoltch stamp! I've got the flu right now and feel like my head is in a vise grip and I'm sure it's because of a little microbe like that guy! Have a great weekend, Lorie!

B.

Emily said...

This is so cute Lorie! Love the funky colors, and that stamp set is so cute!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is TOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

love the sketch panels. That little bug is too cute...

Christi Flores said...

OMG how cute! LOL

Dani said...

Ack! So cute, fabulous germ! :)

Diane said...

Super cute bug card Lorie!!!!

Scrappy Doo 2 u said...

I made a "heard you caught a bug" card once too, but it wasn't as cute as yours. The sentiment inside read .... 'get over it'.

LOVE your color choices.

Sparkplug17 said...

This is too cute! I love your card and Hawaii sounds like alot of fun!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love this set! very cute card

Kerry D-C said...

heehee! this is funny! another great card!

Unknown said...

I saw some cards on Dani's blog made with this set too. They're all adorable! I might have to investigate! :)