Thursday, October 16, 2008

bellaholic sketch challenge 1

Good Thursday morning friends! My goodness how this week has gone by quick! Did you see on my side bar that it is now less than two weeks until we head to Hawaii? Woohoo!

My friend, Sarah, is in charge of making the sketches for the new sketch challenge on Bellaholics Anonymous...the Yahoo group. Well, I just could not resist trying the first sketch as it looked sooo cute! Go HERE to see the sketch.

I wanted to make a birthday card for a friend who recently told me that her favorite color is dark blue and that she likes earthy colors. Yeah...I was having a hard time thinking of how to make a fun, cute birthday card out of that combo. I have used Cupcakahbella along with some patterned paper from one of my old 3 Little DReaMs kits for this card. I colored the Bella and the cupcake in blue's hoping it would make them look elegant and not so cutsie. For the corner piece I used a flower from K&Company. I'm not sure that this is the card I want to use for my friend so that is why I've posted it here. Plus I wanted to make sure everyone that frequents my blog sees this fun sketch!

I hope that you all have a fantastic Thursday and I'll see you tomorrow!

22 comments that make my day!:

Lori Barnett said...

ooooo....I love those colors! I haven't played with my Bella stamps for a while...they must be very sad! I'll have to have a play date with them ;) hee hee hee

Unknown said...

what a cute card! Getting thoese colors into a cute kombo..isn't easy!! But you did it!! Looks so cute and sweet! For some reasoon i'm in the mood for a cupcake...wonder why!!??

Laurel said...

Love it! Great minds think alike, we both used cupcakeabella for this sketch!

Unknown said...

Yay! Thanks for playing! I think it turned out great. I never think to use dark colors with my bellas. I need to get over that, because I love how she looks in the earthy tones. :)

JenR said...

well, as one who loves dark blue and earthy colors, I think it's very lovely! :o)

Becca said...

Lovely card Lorie. I love the Bellas and this card is scrumptious.

Counting down to Hawaii....I bet you are so excited.

Have a creative day,
Bela

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is so cute!!! I love the colors that you chose!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh now that is one CUTE CARD!!! I love that image on there! LOL

Kristine said...

Hi Lorie! LOVE your color scheme on this card--for some reason I see a cupcake and all I see is PINK, so this opens my mind to a whole new array of color ideas. LOVE IT!! =)

Courtney said...

Oh my! How exciting for Sarah!

Love your card here. The bella looks so happy to be on this fabulous card... lol!

Emily said...

This is so cute Lorie! Great layout! I love the flower and the dots! The blue cupcake looks great!

Missy said...

Great colors. The picture is so cute. Great job.

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is too cute! I love Bella with the paper!

Danni said...

This is so pretty!! Love the colors!

Angie said...

Lorie, that card is beautiful, I love those colors together.

Dani said...

Oh, great job! Stunning. And a bit cute. But not too cutesie! :)

Catherine said...

ohhhh, another challenge :) Lorie, your card is just beautiful!

QuiltNut Creations said...

woo hoo is right lol!

love this. the colors are fabulous together! happy friday Lorie

Diane said...

Oh Lorie! I love this card,the colors are really neat together!!
I'm sure she will LOVE it!!!!

Lynn Put said...

This is an elegant Bella card! Its so pretty, I love the colors!

Kim said...

GORGEOUS card!!!!!!!!! I love it! It's beautiful! It's a winner in my book!
Hugs~ Kim

Kim said...

GORGEOUS card!!!!!!!!! I love it! It's beautiful! It's a winner in my book!
Hugs~ Kim