Wednesday, July 30, 2008

belli challenge 27

Today is Wednesday which means...belli challenge! Lets talk about the card/tin first and then I'll remind you what the belli challenge is all about and link you to the other players.

First of all...can you believe I don't own this stamp? I, thankfully, had gotten one in an image swap. This Bella is ready to party! From the sparkle in her clothes to the sparkle in her balloons, cupcake, and hat she is one happy girl! I used Basic Grey paper from their Cupcake pad for this card and based my colors for the image on that. I have to be honest with you guys and tell you that I'm so disappointed that picture. I put a lot of effort into the details of this card. The jeans are light blue with Spica glitter in blue on the seams, the balloons...two are glitter, the rest have glaze pen on them. The party hat...the blue is glitter pen and the rest has glaze all over it. The cupcake's icing is white gel pen and green glitter pen. It looks amazing IRL. I hope you don't think I'm bragging or something like that because I'm not...I'm just giving you the full effect! This card's layout is from Lauren's Saturday Sketch.

Then, the little tin...the top is made with my JustRite stamper. I just picked a border that went well with the card and the ribbon on the tin (which you can't really see), spelled out Happy Day, cut it with my Nesties and mounted it on the top of the tin. I often can't decide if I should get acquaintances a gift or not so in here I put mini M&M's as a little treat. I also think it would hold a necklace, ring, or something little along those lines. That ribbon is adhesive backed so it was the easiest application ever!

And, onto the deets of the belli challenge. Each week, Chris tries to give us a challenge that will get us using things we have lying around our stamp rooms! With a constant flow of new things coming out, we tend to forget about the other things we have and they quickly become clutter! Come join us in the Belli Challenge and be sure to post your link to Chris's website!

This Weeks Belli Challenge is ANYTHING BIRTHDAY RELATED! You can make, embellish or design MANY different things with a BIRTHDAY theme. There are twizzle sticks, Rub Ons, Stamps, Chipboard, Glitter, Brads, Stickers, Party supplies...the ideas are endless!

Best part is...there is a prize to be awarded. Make up something birthday related, upload it to SCS with the Keyword CBC27 and then link it to Chris's blog and you'll be in the running for some patterned paper! Woohoo! Link me up too so that I can see!

The other players this week are below...

Holly Brown
Shelly Koskinen - Shelly has a ton of them this week!
Laurie Serino
Christi Thorsen
Chris Dickenson
Rochelle Wick I don't see her card yet but keep checking!
Jennifer Greco
Ceal Pritchett

There you have it...a pretty full list this week! Go check 'em all out...you'll love them! Come back tomorrow to see the little candy holder I made for my summer sister, Sarah!

12 comments that make my day!:

Dani said...

Lorie, this is so great! I love the cupcake papers, so fun. Fabulous job! It is so frustrating trying to get those kinds of details to show up in a pic! Arg.:)

laurie serino said...

This is fabulous, love the coloring and the placement of the brads to match the paper !

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Yay! Love that Bella image, she's so fun! What a great layout with the BG paper and the 2 sizes of brads. Great job!

Rochelle W said...

Lorie,
I love your card and tin. I don't have that bella either. I have the other one with the balloons. Love love love your paper.

Shelly Koskinen said...

Very cute!! I love the Bella Stamps!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is too cute! Your coloring is fantastic!!!

Ceal said...

Love your card! so bright and cheery! one day I will have to get some bella's I don;t have any yet because I keep buying Sweet N' Sassy! lol maybe someone will RAK me someone of these days

Diane said...

Love your bella Lorie,actually all
your bellas are too pretty!! Is there such a thing as too pretty?
Anyways,it's gorgeous!

Theresa said...

I just stumbled into your blog and I love all your bella's! Thanks for sharing them!

Unknown said...

LOVE this. Seriously, it's one of my favorite cards you've made! Don't tell, but I think I like it better than Lauren's sample (*gasp*!)!!!!

Nice work!

Becca said...

Oh I love the Bella Birthday card...too sweet

Courtney said...

Oh, look at this totaly cute birthday stuff! Hmmm... Birthday stuff me likey!