Tuesday, July 15, 2008

another post it note holder

Remember on July 5th when I showed you my other post it note holder and told you it was for a little contest? Well, I got my new SNSS set called Doodle Birds the other day and wanted to make another holder with it so here it is. I got the quick instructions for this one from I {heart} to stamp back in June.

I used some PTI Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush for the main portion of the card along with some Basic Grey Blush designer paper. I stamped my Doodle Bird with Burnt Umber Palette ink and then colored her with COPICS. I added some Stardust Gelly Roll on the feathers and then stamped the little "smile" (from PTI) on the bottom right corner. I used magnetic snaps for my closure rather than velcro which I got from eP. I don't use them often, the snaps, but I do love them when I do!

Then the other picture shows what the inside of the holder is like. I don't have any 3x3 post it notes right now that are full so I had to just use one so that you'll get the idea.

My Ott Lite bulb went out last night so I have no light at my stamp table in the evening so I'm going to have to do my stamping during the day until I get a new bulb...means I have to get myself together quicker in the morning!

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday and I'll see you tomorrow with a Stamping Up! card!

9 comments that make my day!:

Jennifer (jkincolorado) said...

This is so fun and cute! I love the snaps :)

Dani said...

So cute! Way to go girl! I have that paper and I love it. Have I used it? Nope. LOL!

Christi said...

This is adorable!! Have you had any issues with your Doodle Birds set?

Chrissy D said...

Lorie! That DP goes PERFECT with that bird from SNS! Beautifully done! tfs!

Beedubya said...

This is so pretty! It makes me smile!

Courtney said...

Oh my word. I love this! I love the colors... I love the idea... all of it! Great job, tfs!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Lorie, this is awesome! The paper and the image and the colors all look so great together. Nice work! It kind of throws me back to the 70's a little too, which is a good thing!

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Lorie-I found your blog through Bev (Country Frog). Your projects are great, I love this post-it note holder. I'll check back often.
Joyce

Diane said...

Super cute Lorie!!! Love the bird and the colors are awesome!!!