Thursday, May 22, 2008

good ones

I am not sure what has happened the last couple of days but I have not been able to make anything that I consider out of this world for the last couple of days. Here is a card that I made yesterday that is plain and simple. Still worthy of throwing in the mail (actually I considered giving it to Todd but it is to feminine). The yellow and light teal card stock is Prism card stock and the rest is from some designer paper scraps I had left laying around. The ribbon is PTI's Lemon Tart twill. The sentiment is from the SU! set Smarty Pants. So, yeah...hope my creativity comes back soon 'cuz I need to get some stuff done!

I think I'll switch gears for a little while today though and make some snickerdoodle cookies. I found a really great looking recipe HERE that I'm going to try. Just have to get some cream of tartar (kinda expensive stuff). Have you checked out Donna's baking blog? It is called Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases. If you love to bake you definitely have to check it out! And, she has a cookbook giveaway going on now! Speaking of yummy food. Mish Mash put her recipe for Tropical Blondies on her blog today. If you'd like to see that recipe just click HERE.

Well, I hope you all have a super fantastic Thursday. My kiddos have a FOUR day weekend this weekend so today is our last day of school for this week...yay!

9 comments that make my day!:

Dani said...

Oooo, I love it! That paper is so fun and I love that stamp set.

Christi Flores said...

I think this is so sweet! I've been feeling that my work has been "eh" lately too so I feel ya but I think this is great.

Diane said...

I love this card Lorie! Very pretty yellow! Have fun baking!!

Courtney said...

I really like this! I don't know what you're talking about...

Vivian's last day of school is tomorrow! Mine was today! Wahoo! Happy dance, happy dance!

Julia said...

It's very pretty....sometimes you need a simple card!

Diana said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the yellow and teal together. I found your site from Mish's blog; I'm gathering up ingredients for her cookies right now; hope I get the cookies made before I eat all the chocolate chips...

cheers,
Diana

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

It is beautiful, Lorie! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

How funny... I just uploaded a card to my blog using the same set! Great minds think alike! ;) Cute card too, btw!

Chrissy D said...

I love the simplicity of this Lorie! Very sweet! TFS!