Monday, May 12, 2008

beachabella

I decided to throw together another quick card with my 3 Little DReaMs kit and here is what I came up with. Shhh...don't tell but the yellow card stock should have been just a little more narrow. I will go back and put a sentiment on it when I'm ready to send it out so maybe I can split the sentiment on either side of the picture.

Well, I had a super Mother's Day yesterday. If you look at my side picture it has been updated with a photo from yesterday. Yep...I'm looking so old! Do you see the corsage? My boys got that for me! How sweet, huh? We also got one for grandma Nancy and she was so surprised. We had grandma Nancy and papa Al over for lunch. It was so nice to have them over for a little while. I would like to show you what I got for mother's day but that would be a bit difficult as it is what I would use to take a picture with. I got a new lens for my camera. Yep, that is right...a new lens. It is a Canon 28-135mm with image stabilization (something I so desperately need!) and it is awesome! It is also fairly heavy so it takes a little bit of getting used to but I think I'll manage. HERE is a picture of it. Exciting, huh? Was your day spectacular yesterday or even not so spectacular which is good, too? Tell me about it!

I say it every Monday but today is a busy day for me so I should get moving! Have a magnificent Monday!

6 comments that make my day!:

Dani said...

Your card is so cute! I love that ribbon, yum!

Courtney said...

Oh my! Your hair is so long! I like it! Great picture!

Love the card... sounds like you had a great day!

I went to church and then to eat with family. Then snoozed! :)

Becca said...

lovely photo of you Lorie. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day.
The card is so cute...beachy keen I say.
Bela

Katie Skiff said...

Lorie, you look so cute in that picture!!! How fun!

Great job on the card too!! I need to get some TLD work done this week. Eventually!

Christi Flores said...

What a great pic! You are so pretty! :) This card is adorable!! I am so glad that you had a great Mother's Day and how awesome about your new lens.

Diane said...

Hey girl!! I love your new picture! It looks great! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day,You deserve it!!!!