Tuesday, April 29, 2008

sketch for you to try card

I had another occasion to make a sympathy card yesterday. One of my Children's Church volunteers mother-in-law died last Friday. I had a committee meeting last night and thought it appropriate for the members of the Christian Ed committee sign it. The card itself turned out very pink which was not my intention but it did and I still like it. The paper is from Basic Grey's new Sugar paper pad. I used watercolor crayons for the flowers and just scalloped the main portion of the paper. The stamp set is from SU! and is called As Close As A Memory. I often fall back on this set for sympathy cards as it has a great sentiment for the inside of the card. The layout of the card is from Jen's Sketch For You To Try this last Saturday.

Oh, and I wanted to tell you guys that I won THREE blog candies recently! Celebrating I won a fun blog candy from Lori Barnett a week or two ago (and my car now smells great and not so new anymore!) and then just on Sunday I won THIS from Inky Paws (Jeanne) and yesterday I found out I won THIS from Card of the Week (Susanna). Holy cow, girls! I am SO blessed! Remind me not to ever complain about not winning anything, k?

Today is Tuesday and it is supposed to rain and be windy and cool here today...blah! That is okay though as I do have several things to do inside. I hope you all have a fantastic day planned today and that you make it the best Tuesday possible!

13 comments that make my day!:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh your card is gorgeous. Congrats on all the wins!

Becca said...

This is a very pretty card...wonderfully done.
Have a creative day,
Bela

Dani said...

Beautiful card. Very nice.
And hello, way to go on the winnings! Now get really good at using those Copics. So you can give the rest of us lessons. Because frankly, they scare me! Ha!

Katie Skiff said...

You are too lucky!! Good job!!
I love this card tho, it's so pretty!!

Christi Flores said...

What a lucky girl you are!! And what a beautiful card!!!

Courtney said...

Very beautiful card. I'm sorry you had an occasion to make one, though.

Oh man! THREE blog candies? You go, girlfriend!

Diane said...

Your card is stunning Lorie!
Way to go girl!!! You'll have fun with all those goodies I'm sure!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

congrats on the wins! love the card

Anonymous said...

Lori, this card is particularly beautiful, TFS. Mary

Cristina said...

This is a really pretty card. I love the soft colors. Way to go on all the blog candy! Doesn't that make you feel great?!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

SO PRETTY!!! I so rarely make feminine, pretty cards. Hey, Lorie, thank-you so much for all of your kind comments on my blog. It means a lot to me that my work is appreciated by kind people like yourself. I just started back to work after a year and a half on mat leave and I'm having trouble keeping up my blogging so I really appreciate that you keep coming back!

Have a great weekend!

Brandi

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous card Lorie!! I'm not normally a big Basic Grey paper fan, but this paper is so pretty and it looks so nice scalloped like that.