Thursday, December 13, 2007

The 12 Days of Christmas

Can I reminisce here a little? Moving from the only place that I had ever lived to a little dinky town in Washington was probably one of the most difficult transitions I've ever made. Now I can't imagine being elsewhere but 6 years ago, with no friends, newly married, and missing home it wasn't much fun. For me or for Todd. One of the things Todd did to make it more fun for me was the 12 Days of Christmas. He had different people from work sign cards (so I wouldn't know it was him) that he left with a little gift each day for 12 days before Christmas. That is a tradition he has continued right up until this year. You should have seen me that first year trying to figure out who it was because I honestly didn't know. This year I have helped him out a little with a couple of things but still..the fun continues. All that just to say...this is my first 12 Days gift. I have been wanting to try one of these see through frames but have never bought one and now I have one to try! I'm very excited! I have a plan for it already! Can I share with you what the little note says?

On the first day of Christmas,
My true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree

or

Better yet on the first day of Christmas,
My true love gave to me a friendship for the rest of my life
and a gorgeous woman in a red ???
With memories to frame forever...thanks

Is that not the sweetest thing ever especially because of the stuff I put him through on a regular basis? I'm no picnic to live with I tell ya! Are you guys getting the idea why I'm the luckiest girl in the world? Holding Hands

On a stamping side note...here is a card I made with a new set called Embrace Life and some new DP called Ginger Blossom. Both will be in the new Spring/Summer 08 SU! catalog. Don't the colors of this card just make you ready for spring? And we haven't even gotten to Christmas yet! LOL! A little birdie has told me that you will continue your longing for spring when you see tomorrows card, too! Okay, and how funny do you think it is that stamping is my side note for today? LOL!

I hope you all have a fantastic Thursday!

2 comments that make my day!:

Diane said...

Awww that is so sweet...lovely tradition! I would of done the same thing for the 1st yr.,wonder who it was,lol.

QuiltNut Creations said...

what a fabulous tradition!

love the card