Monday, October 29, 2007

A Christmas card and a clip

A couple of the blogs that I visit on a fairly regular basis post sketches for us to try. One such blog is Jen's blog called I heart 2 stamp. Her sketch this weekend was something I immediately thought I would try but once I got into it I wondered what I was thinking. Basically I started with the wrong set but the card I ended up with is great...I think! You can see what I used to make the card HERE (you can comment too!). I love how the Cuttlebug just works so well with the Snow Burst set! A little bit of heat embossing and there you have it!

The other thing I made was this fun binder clip. I've been seeing these around the Internet recently and finally ordered some. I got the BIG 2" size, used designer paper 1 15/16" x 3 1/4" (remember these measurements are for the 2" size clip you'll have to adjust the size of the paper for other sizes) held down by sticky tape in 5 different places on the paper. I found if you don't use tape top, bottom, middle, bottom, top (does that make sense?) of the paper then you will get little poofy area's and the binder clip will wobble when it sits (and it will fall down!). For the decoration on this one I used SU!'s Scallop Punch and the Season of Joy poinsettia. I tied some Red Grosgrain on the sides and I was done! You could use this for a card holder, recipe holder, 6X6 page holder, just about anything that isn't too heavy. I've made two and they are holding my most recent card creations. These are quite fun, easy, and fast to make so go ahead and try it! If you make one go ahead and leave me a link so I can see yours! :o)

There you have it! Have a great Monday everyone!

4 comments that make my day!:

Courtney said...

C-U-T-E. Lovin' the binder clip. Where did you order them from? I do like the card, too. I so love snowflake cards. Too bad it doesn't snow here. Maybe it's for the best 'cause with snow comes cold. I don't do cold. Ok... enough rambling in your comment section... LOL!!

Diane said...

Lovely card and yes those clips are really neat aren't they! When I first saw them, I thought that would make a really nice (what do you call those,it's too early in the am) when you go to a wedding and the tables are set up with seating arrangements...anyways,I know what I mean,lol.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It is sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I LOVE that christmas card....super cute! The clip is a great idea!