Thursday, September 13, 2007

Want a preview?

Good morning everyone! I was thinking you guys might like a little preview of the swap cards from my fall/Halloween Prize swap. Yes? No? Okay...I'm going to pretend everyone is saying yes! Here you go!

As most of you know my husband, Todd, is a stamper, too. I talked him into being in this swap as Debby said if Todd would do it she would take another spot and that would fill up the last group. How could I say no for my husband? LOL! Anyway, he had this card in his head from the beginning. What he did was took one of those pumpkin carving templates (do you know what I'm talking about?) and reduced the size on our printer. Then he took SU!'s craft and hobby knife and cut the template out after which he placed it on Whisper White cardstock and sponged Pumpkin Pie ink all around it. To make it look like a pumpkin he just cut the Whisper White in a pumpkin shape, made a stem (that he sponged with garden green ink) and then placed clear baubles on the pumpkin's eyes. Finally he heat embossed some bats on the black background. Inside the card it says Happy Halloween! Isn't that just the neatest card? We also talked about how cutting out a large circle and making it into a moon with the trick or treaters would have been neat too. I am so proud of him for thinking outside the box for his card! Anyway, hope you like this sneak preview!

Tonight is the first night back for Kids In Christ at my church. Kyler is excited because he loves KIC, I'm excited because we are not only starting with a new schedule but we have two college aged kids (Cody and Kelly) helping out this year. The kids come at 6:00 and eat dinner with each other, play games, and have a lesson time. All in all it is a great time! We don't have a cook for this evening so I'm going to get pizza's at our Papa Murphy's and bake them. Yay! Too much fun!

I hope you all have a fantastic day! :o)