Sunday, August 12, 2007

Good Sunday Morning!

Well, what does everyone have for this fine Sunday? It is supposed to be beautiful here today...sunny and 77 degrees. Yay! Yesterday, I spent a good amount of time at church and then at home cleaning our living area so today...I get to stamp! Later this evening we'll be going to one of Todd's co-workers homes and visiting with them. Should be interesting as I don't really know his co-worker and I've never met his wife. Believe it or not I'm not that outgoing of a person. I have found that it is Todd that makes the initial contact and then once I get to know someone then I can socialize fairly well. I think that is why it took me so long to find close friends here in Washington. You have to do that work on your own!

Anyway, thought I'd share with you a couple of cards that I received in a small swap that I was in last month. It was a baby/kiddo swap. The first card (with the car) was made by Erica Payne. I believe the car and beep saying are from a retired SU! set. I just think this is the cutest card. Look at those designer papers. Absolutely yummy! *I stand corrected...the car is current and the set is called By Land!

The second card was made by Tracy Houghton. I believe that is emboss resist on the sentiment in the main portion of the card. The stitching on the bottom is faux stitching and is done with a gel pen. Doesn't that just look so impressive? This is really a nice card. Something I definitely could see myself making!

I hope you have a great Sunday and that you get lots of whatever you want to do done! :0)

2 comments that make my day!:

Erica Payne said...

Good morning Lorie. I don't think I've ever visited your blog before. Well, I added you to my fav's. Thanks for the nice comment about my card. Actually the set is current. It's By Land on pg. 85 of the SU! "bible"!

Tracy.H said...

Hi Lorie,

Thanks for posting my card. Glad you like it. I can't wait to get mine too!

Thanks for your new entry for my August Challenge. I tried to leave a comment on your SCS gallery but it would'nt let me.

Good luck!