Friday, May 25, 2007

The season for travel

We are heading into the season for vacations. I can't wait for the weather to be warm all the time! We are getting some really nice weather right now and I hope it continues! Anyway, my friend, Angela, and her family are going on a fun trip this summer and I decided that her kiddos needed personalized luggage/backpack tags. I had such fun making these! I tried to figure out what each child would like the most but honestly...it was hard so I kinda went with the age. The kids are in Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, and 6th grade. I actually had the hardest time with the 3rd grader as he really likes some things that I just don't have stamps for (if you can believe I don't have one stamp of everything! tee hee!). So, he got a new Fella from Stamping Bella. I sure hope they like them and that Angela doesn't look at my blog today before I can give them to the kids this afternoon! :0)

I got the tag holders at the dollar store so these can be a really economical tag to make. The only thing with this size is that it is really small. Only 3 1/2" X 2 1/8". It definitely makes it more difficult to place their names. When I do it again, I will most likely find larger tags. As a matter of fact...I'll be making a tag for Kyler for this summer's trip to see Grandma and knowing what I'll need to make his special for him I'll definitely need a bigger holder! He is a Pokemon boy all the way so I'll need to print some images off for his.

Did you stamp anything yesterday? I love to hear about what others are doing so drop me a line sometime! :0)

How I made the tags:

Stamps: Wild About You, Girlfriends, Surfafella, Silly Sea Life, Tall Tales Alpha, Whimsical Alpha, Rough Edges Alpha
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Real Red, Lovely Lilac, Buckaroo Blue, Pumpkin Pie, and Magnolia
Ink: Stazon Black, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Buckaroo Blue, Lovely Lilac, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Cool Caribbean, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Going Grey, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Stickles, Flower Eyelets, Grosgrain Ribbon, and markers

2 comments that make my day!:

Rochelle W said...

These are soooooo cute. So here is my question. Do you decorate these and then use them as your actual luggage tag? If that is what they are for, that is clever.

Amber P. said...

These tags are really adorable! I may have to check out our dollar store today!