Friday, April 6, 2007

Yay! It's Friday!

A little quiz for y'all...and the first person that answers right gets 5 Cuttlebugged backgrounds from me (my choice of background and card stock). Why is Friday my favorite day of the week? Easy schmesy if you've been reading my blog for any amount of time.

***Wow! Cheryl is on the ball today and she answered my question correctly and first! Friday is my favorite day of the week 'cuz this is the day Todd come home for the weekend! By Friday I miss him so much. Sometimes I wonder how I made it through his deployment and being seperated for 18 months!!! Big baby that I am! Anyway, I'll get you your backgrounds on Tuesday (please just remind me!).***

Have I ever told you how difficult I find it making cards for men? With Father's Day in June and my last stamp club this coming Tuesday I decided we needed to be making at least one Father's Day card. I want to show you what I came up with so you can let me know what you think. Stamp clubbers...don't look if you don't want to see what you might make on Tuesday! Stamps: Classic Trucks, Weathered BG, and the HFD saying is a retired stamp...shame on me but I LOVE that stamp! Card Stock: More Mustard, Night Quite Navy, So Saffron, and Very Vanilla. Ink: More Mustard, Stazon Timber Brown, Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, and Going Grey. Accessories: Hemp Twine, Sponges, Dimensionals, Markers, Cutter Kit, and Color Spritzer. So, whatcha think?

Either today or tomorrow I'm going to try the faux denim technique that Tina found for me on SCS. It looks like fun AND great for another Father's Day card sooooo...I'll try it. I'll let you know how that comes out in the next couple of days.

I forgot to tell you guys about Kyler's field trip on Wednesday. It was actually a lot of fun. I love it when stuff like this is well thought out and planned. It was clear this wasn't the first time they'd done it. Anyway, we went to a small part of a river (I'd call it a stream but they said it was part of the Yakima River) and each child got to take one or two of the baby salmon and pour them into the water. After that there were 5 different stations that we rotated to. 1. was a game for the kids to understand the dangers that salmon go through to swim to Alaska. 2. They got to see and hold some bugs that salmon eat in the river. 3. The leader of this station showed us some bigger fish and also where the salmon's Redd would be in the river. 4. We then saw about other wildlife that would be in this area. There is a big beaver dam in the river, too...neato! 5. We got to plant a tree to help the habitat grow. In all there were about 75 children from Kyler's school there. The neat part was when we broke up into groups the groups contained kids from all the classrooms so I got to meet some kids I didn't know. Yesterday when I took the dog for a walk past the school we stopped to talk with Kyler for a minute and some of the kids that were in my group saw me and said hi! How cool is that? Kids are so much fun, aren't they? Especially when sleeping! JUST KIDDING! I love my kids, my job, and being at the school to help! :0)

Wow! This is really long! Now, go...comment...why is Friday my favorite day of the week?

2 comments that make my day!:

Anonymous said...

You like Fridays because that is the day that Todd comes home for the weekend. Have a great Easter. Cheryl B

Anonymous said...

Friday is your favorite day because this is when Todd comes home. I know how you feel. My husband used to work away from home a lot too. Thanks for sharing. Mary