Monday, December 4, 2006

Word Window Envelope

It was quite the busy Sunday yesterday! I was at church by 8:15 setting up my giant cross word puzzle for Sunday School. Then home for a little while where I worked on getting a couple of sets cut out. At 2:00 we went to see the matinee of The Nativity Story. If you are even in the remotest sense interested in seeing it....GO!! It was spectacular. I found that the Biblical references were accurate (for the most part) and what they had to add in for a movies sake...well, it was added in a way that could have happened. They pretty much stayed to tradition at that time and...well, just go see it! I think you'll like it! (I did cry in a couple of spots!) After the movie we decorated our house. Since Todd is home we have more decoration then if I were doing it but it looks really nice and more importantly...the kids like it! at 6:30 I left for the church again and didn't get home until close 'til 8. You know...if you have time my church (1st Presbyterian on 3rd Street) is having their annual bazaar on Wednesday. Crafts and a yummy lunch are available! If you want to know more you can e-mail me or leave a message here and I'll get back to you!

Okay, now onto some VeggieTales for a moment. There is a link on the right to my VeggieTales Moms website. There you can shop for lots of fun, educational gifts for your children. I'm only mentioning it now because I'd like orders to go in by the beginning of next week so that they are back in time for Christmas. Please let me know if you have any questions about that!

And on to stamping! I don't have anything to show you that I personally did. BUT, a couple of days back I said I would share what my friend Dawn sent me in our World Series Swap. This card is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 and made with...stamps: Happy Everything, Circle of Friends, and I'm not sure of the background (I don't think it is current). Card stock is: Bravo Burgundy, Night of Navy, Mellow Moss, and Whisper White. Accessories: Circle punch for the donut, Wine grosgrain ribbon. Ink: Night of Navy and Bravo Burgundy. Now the really fun part is the envelope! Because of the size of the card when you put it in the envelope it will slide around a bit. So the trick is to take a piece of paper about 1 7/16 x 4 1/2... then take the word window punch and punch the side of the envelope. Now you put adhesive on the strip of paper and place it inside the envelope on the side of the window. You then can stamp on the card stock through the window space. Does that make sense? Because you adhesive'd it down your card won't slide around inside! It's very cool!

So today seems to be another busy day...actually Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are very busy this week then on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I'll be getting ready for our time in Vegas, baby! Woohoo!

Make today a great Monday!

0 comments that make my day!: