Sunday, June 22, 2008

it's a new day

Good Sunday Morning everyone! Today is a new day and, thankfully, I am feeling a little better today. Good thing 'cuz I've got tons of stuff to do after laying around for two days! I am kind of curious as to how I'm going to make my announcements at church with my "man voice" (as Courtney likes to call it...lol!) though. Giggle 3

While we were in Iowa we had the pleasure of going to my grandma Fern's cousin's farm for a little fun. I lived in the country as a kid but not on a farm so it is always fun to go and do that kind of stuff. Well, Marvin and Jean have a couple of horses and Marvin was nice enough to bring them up from the pasture and get one of them all hooked up to a wagon for Kyler to get to ride in and eventually drive. Then, Marvin got the saddle out and let Kyler ride the horse too. Very exciting for him! Oh, and we got to eat strawberries right out of the garden...YUM!!! Anyway, before I left I made sure to get their address so I could send a thank you card. As I was visiting SCS the other day I saw the Wednesday Tutorial which is called a Pullout Scrapbook and knew I had to make one of them for Mavin and Jean as a thank you because Marvin pulled out the photo album while we were there so I know they love pictures of their farm activities. I also took a picture of their barn that I think it fair worthy so I may be entering that into the fair this coming August.

I also knew I had the perfect Simply Scrappin' Kit from SU! for it called Round Up. And, to top it all off I had this wonderful horse image from the swap I hosted here on my blog! Couldn't be more perfect could it? It is a Pullout Scrapbook because you untie the ribbons and the brown paper, which is 12" long and has been scored, pulls out to the left/right. I'll put pictures that I've ordered on some of the pages and some die cuts on the others. So, whatcha think? A pretty ingenious scrapbook, huh? So wish my brain could come up with stuff like that!

Oh, and I'm kinda excited today because for the first time in months I might get to go to church with my husband! Woohoo! The shift that he has been working (forever it seems like) has had him home at 6 a.m. on Sunday so he hasn't been able to make it but yesterday he worked an earlier shift and came home at 2 a.m. Sooo...maybe, just maybe he'll be up in time to go. Yay!

Thank you so much everyone for your well wishes! Now, off for some breakfast. Have a super Sunday!

4 comments that make my day!:

Dani said...

I love this! It is awesome!

Lori Barnett said...

Love this idea!! And hope you are back to 100% soon! I have to share that when I was reading your post I had to like read the part about "laying around" like 4 times!!! I kept saying layERing!!! ha ha ha A true paper crafting mind :)

Katie Skiff said...

That is awesome!! Not just b.c I like the paper and the horse, but b/c you rock! I need to try that, it looks like it would make a great thank you gift!

Diane said...

Hope you enjoyed your sunday and that you feel tons better Lorie!
What a neat card,I'm sure they will treasure it!!!