Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Birthday Boy

Whew...this week is going very slow for me so I'm a thrilled it is finally Wednesday! How about you...how is your week going?

Just a quick post today to show you a cupcake topper that I made when I joined in on a mini challenge with Scraptastical Kreations on Facebook. The idea was to take one of their cut files and make and, obviously, make a cupcake topper with it. I thought making a topper that denotes the birthday boy's cupcake would be cute. I made it with Kyler in mind so that is why it is green. It is the first time I've ever made a shadow in SCAL but I really wanted something behind the 'birthday boy' that matched it pretty well. I guess I could have made it a bit smaller but I don't think any birthday boy is going to care much! The patterned paper is from Basic Grey and that is a balloon dotting the "i".

Like I said...quick post today. Enjoy your day everyone!

Yahweh loves us because love is what He is and what He does. We are His creation. We belong to Him. He loved us long before we ever returned that love or offered Him an ounce of worship (1 John 4:19). And He will love us should we neglect offering any thanks or praise to Him today. From: It's No Secret by Rachel Olsen It is natural for us to praise those we love and thank those that do things for us. It should be just as natural to thank Him for the love and grace he gives us every day.

3 comments that make my day!:

Donna said...

Cute! Great idea for decorating cupcakes. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Awww...That is adorable! What a great cupcake/cake topper! My week is going wayyy tooooo fast!! *lol* Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Sue from Oregon said...

This would definitely make his cake special!!!