Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Patriotic Charlie

Good sunny morning to you all! We are headed up to 88 degrees this morning with lots of sunshine. Yay!

You all know I love anything patriotic so when Clear Dollar Stamps released Patriotic Charlie on the 15th (see all of the releases HERE) I was just tickled! This fun sets comes with two fun images of Charlie, several sentiments, and some patterned paper which I used for this card. I love that the blue and red aren't bright blue and red. I found them to be, in SU! colors, Not Quite Navy and Ruby Red. I used the CPS sketch for this week and then just added some twine and little stars for some added interest. I actually think I might use this as a birthday card...we shall see!

Now...why don't you head on over to the Clear Dollar Stamps Blog to check out all the new and fun stuff going on. There are new SVG's and a blog hop for you to check out! Have fun! Smiley from millan.net

13 comments that make my day!:

Ida said...

This is really cute and fun!

Lea L. said...

This is just darling! Love how you've used the twine...it looks great!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!!

Patti J said...

Wow! What a great card! I'm not sure, but I think you are STILL smiling! Amazing what hearing someone's voice can do!!! Hugs...

CreativeMish said...

Very cute! I love the bakers twine that you added to it. Just perfect

Unknown said...

What a sweet & adorable card Lorie!! Just LOVE it!!!

Kathy W. said...

Oh my! Isn't he a cutie =) Love the design and the papers are terrific.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Lori Charlie is so cute, I love your card! I recognize the sketch too, very nice!

Jennie said...

Oh this is so sweet! Love that image and great dp. Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

Create It Simply said...

oh my goodness! I love, love, love this! It would go great in my kitchen and craft room!! Awesome job and thanks for joining us at CPS :)

Cristina said...

That horse is to die for!

Kristine said...

LOL - THIS is the absolute CUTEST image of a horse I've ever seen. LOVE IT... and your papers and twine--it's perfect!! oh you lucky lucky girl getting on at CDS! =)

Crafty Caring Friends said...

I'm a farm girl and my daughter loves horses! This card is so much fun.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! The colors are fantastic and so is your design. Love that adorable image and papers. Super duper card, Lorie!