Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Baskets

Happy Tuesday everyone! I had a fun day yesterday. We went shopping for the new flooring and light fixture for my soon to be craft room. We came home with some flooring but couldn't get the light fixture from the Lowe's in our neighboring town. I can't seem to purchase it online either so I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point. Such a tough life I have, huh? Teehee!

I just thought I'd share with you the Easter baskets that I made for Jon and Kyler this Easter. They were super simple, origami folded baskets. I found the directions for it HERE. The super cute bunny behind is from the same blog and you can find the directions HERE. I bought the super fun basket and egg punch online. I honestly didn't think I'd use it this year due to the fact fact that I just received the punch a couple of days prior to Easter but I think it looks like the bunny just dropped the basket and is leaving. The approximate size of the baskets is 4"x4". Not too much candy and not too little...perfect!

Anyway, I used a full sheet of 12x12 Close to Cocoa cardstock for the basket. The patterned paper is From The Nines (I think). Both the boys really liked them but I suppose that could have been the candy inside too.

So, onto the How To Pray For Your Children for today. I want to mention that I think I'll do these once a week, on Tuesday, from this point forward. This way you can take that entire week to pray specifically in the way that I've told you about for your children. I hope you are all enjoying this little series. I'll re-cap first and then tell you about this week's prayer focus...

How To Pray For Your Children. Week 4 of 12...
1. Pray that they will know Christ as Savior early in life.
2. Pray that they will have a hatred for sin.
3. Pray that they will be caught when guilty.
4. Pray that they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives: Spiritual, Emotional, and Physical. (John 17:15) I hope that you will take a quick moment to read the John scripture I linked you to because it really is excellent. I often pray that my children will have a good sense of humor. We all know that kids are up against so many bad, evil if you will, things and for them to be able to see the humor in situations is a wonderful character for them to have.

Alright everyone...I hope that you will have a super wonderful Tuesday!

10 comments that make my day!:

Donna said...

Adorable basket! I love that little bunny. Too cute. Hope you had a blessed Easter and make it a good week!

Dani said...

Wow, I'm impressed! You *made* an Easter basket! Someday I want to be able to do cool stuff like you! :O)

Elizabeth S. said...

An adorable basket, Lorie!! I love the bunny.

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! Can they just transfer it from another location?

Missy said...

These are great baskets and so fun.
I love the prayers. I am going to have to write them down and work on them myself.

Diane said...

How cute Lorie! I'm sure they loved it,not only for the candy!

Kim said...

thanks for sharing my project with your readers!

Cristina said...

SO cute! I love the "how to pray for your children." Thanks for sharing these! They are so encouraging.

Jeannette Siciliani said...

How precious is this....Love the focus of your prayer...off to read the reference. What a wonderful way to Glorify His Name...thank you.

tyrymom29 said...

This is way too cute !! :) love it