Friday, April 24, 2009

scene in a garden

Morning everyone! Are you as glad as I am that it is the end of the week? I love Friday's and I'm excited because I have a Tastefully Simple party to demonstrate tomorrow...yay!

This is a the first thing that I made with the Stampin' Up! products that I showed you on Wednesday. The stamp set is a new on in the Occasions Mini Catalog and is called Scene In A Garden. Isn't it lovely? I decided to keep it clean and simple (which is now a challenge on SCS). Please don't look at where I rocked the stamp with the pots...it isn't there! LOL! I'm always in need of thank you cards so I used the thank you sentiment out of the Three Little Words set for this card. Oh, and since the table looked like it was floating in mid air I used my Scor-Pal to make score lines just under the table to ground it a little. The color was added with some markers and some water coloring...just depending on what I needed. The only thing I don't love, honestly, is the ribbon. It is the only one I had that I thought would work....after I put it on here I got an RAK of Chocolate Chip Taffeta which would have been perfect but that is okay, right?

Have you signed up for the blog candy I'm offering up thanks to the very generous Mandy from limeLIGHT? You can see it HERE. Hurry though as entries close at 5 p.m. tonight! If I get at least 50 entries I'll add another little piece of candy to the mix so we'll have three winners so be sure to tell everyone!

Okay, I have to tell you guys something about me. First, Thursday's are kinda my day off. If I exercise it is a light one and I don't commit myself to anything that isn't fun on Thursdays (okay I do mop and dust on Thursdays too...not fun but the two chores I really don't mind doing). So, yesterday was a light workout day and then I popped in my Mama Mia movie, and got to work mopping...yeah, Todd laughed at me 'cuz when he came home the first time it was on...when he came home hours later...it was still on. I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! I played the movie all the way through twice and then watched the bonus features. What a nerd I am, huh? And, I'm downloading the movie soundtrack too today. My boys are going to go BATTY! Teehee! Gotta love it!

Anyway, I hope you manage to take some time for yourself this weekend! I'll be back tomorrow for the first Sweet Stop sketch challenge. The Sweet Stop is SNSS's new sketch challenge blog. There will be new challenges each Saturday for everyone to try. Hop on over, sign up to follow the blog and then join us tomorrow!

Card deets:
Stamps: Scene In A Garden, Three Little Words
Ink: Basic Brown, Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal
Paper: None
Accessories: Rose Red Stitched Grosgrain, SU! Markers, Scor-Pal

10 comments that make my day!:

Dani said...

I think the ribbon looks great! Fabulous job on the card. I love this new set too. It's on my ever growing wish list! :)

Missy said...

Love it. I think the ribbon looks very nice. Great job too with the scoring. It does ground the table.
Also, thanks for all the lovely comments you leave on my blog.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT. Now I need that stamp set too! Simple and so cute. You are amazing!

~Janel

Emily said...

This looks great Lorie! I love the simplicity of this! Great images and coloring! Love the scoring!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is just darling and I love how you scored the bottom border. Can't wait for the sketches!

QuiltNut Creations said...

i am loving these boot stamps!

Diane said...

Super cute Lorie! Sure hope you have a terrific weekend!

Unknown said...

your card is great!! The ribbon fits perfectly on it!!! Have a great weekend!!

Stacy said...

This card is adorable too! Love it! By the way if you liked the Mama Mia movie if you ever get the chance you should spend the money to see the play. I saw it in Las Vegas a few years ago and it was absolutely amazing. I still recommend it to everyone I know. Both my husband and I still refer to it as our favorite. Talk to you later, as you can see I am getting caught up on email and blogs today :)

Unknown said...

I was just thinking today that I need to make a OL card and finally break out my scor-pal. Great minds think alike! :) This is great, Lorie!