Friday, October 10, 2008

for a little princess

Friday

Woohoo! Gotta love Friday's! Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes yesterday! I must have gotten at least 10 cards in the mail yesterday so I'll probably take some time to show them to you over the next couple of weeks. If you didn't get a chance to enter in for my birthday candy please go HERE and check it out!

Today's card is the card I made for precious Janessa's birthday. You can see everything about the birthday card shower that Korin is hosting HERE. I know Janessa is only turning two but all little girls like princesses...right? I couldn't just send the card though so I added a Veggie Tales CD to the package too. Fun stuff!

The stamp set is from Sweet N Sassy stamps and is called Princess. I belive the patterned paper is from Making Memories, the card stock is Rose Red, and I colored the princess with my COPIC markers. This is a fun fold that Korin challenged us with on WCMD. You can see it HERE. Go ahead...give it a try!

I am currently stuck on particular element of a card I'm working on and I have to have it done this evening. I may need to try it a different way if I don't get it soon so please send me creative thoughts as I love what I have so far.

Edited to add....My card HERE was chosen as this week's inspiration piece for the Friday Challenge in MFT's SCS forum...how cool is that? Go check it out HERE and participate!
Have a super Friday and be creative!

20 comments that make my day!:

Danni said...

I missed your birthday! I hope it was a wonderful day!
I just made a gatefold card last night too! but yours is so cute, and clever. Love the scalloped edge!! Very cute card!

Unknown said...

such a cute card!!! so girly!!

Kim said...

VERY cute card...and you are so thoughtful to send a CD along too! Sending you lots of creative thoughts to get your card finished for tonight! CONGRATS on being chosen for MFT's friday challenge inspiration! You so deserve it as your work ROCKS!
Hugs~ Kim

Dani said...

Such a cute card! I'm guessing Janessa is a princess in her family! She will love it!

Sending creative vibes your way. Not that you need them, you always blow me away! Congrats on the MFT! See what I mean? LOL! :)

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is adorable!

Lori Barnett said...

That card is adorable! And what wonderful news about being chosen for the MFT's SCS Challenge! I guess I'll have to check it out and stay up all night doing challenges. Hi-5 girl!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet!! I am so glad you had a good birthday!!

Emily said...

Lorie, I hope you had a fabulous birthday! Your card is adorable! I love how you colored the image. I'm lovin' all the scallops too!! TFS!

Diane said...

Oh so pretty!!! Love the inside too,you are so creative Lorie!
Congrats on being chosen for inspiration on MFT's forum!!!WTG!

Ceal said...

cute cute card!
I am leaving you an award on my blog

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great card for Janessa and hope you had a great birthday!

JenR said...

This is Cute!
Woo hoo on the MFT! That's awesome!
~~creative vibes...creative vibes~~

Unknown said...

Cute card! Did you know Rose Red is Snow White's sister? I played her once in about 3rd grade. :) hee hee. Congrats on the MFT thingy too!

Kristine said...

Awww...VERY CUTE!! :)

Kristine said...

Awww...VERY CUTE!! :)

Carolyn King said...

OH my...what an adorable card! Love the princess and the opening. Happy belated birthday. Hope it was great!

Kerry D-C said...

omg! this is SO CUTE!!! Fun paper! I love to stamp a little sumtin'-sumtin' inside of my cards too.

ps:Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your generous donation to the ADA walk. I truly appreciate your generosity!
sending cyber (((hugs)))

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is soooo perfect for a little princess! She will love it. I think it is pretty darn cute too! TFS!

Courtney said...

soooo stinkin' cute!

Cristina said...

That is such a cute layout and design. I love the double fold with scallops!