Sunday, June 15, 2008

happy father's day!

Yahoo! I finally got this picture to load! Back to your regularly scheduled program!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TODD!

Since I knew I was only going to get one Father's Day card done I wanted to make sure it was for Todd. (Don't worry...we sent little gifts to the other father's.) I really wanted to use a fella but, honestly, I can't find my Fixafella so I used Grillafella (but I must find my Fixafella!). I do really like this stamp though because he is dressed just like Todd would be...shorts, polo shirt, and sandals (well...Todd wears Keen's but you get the idea!). The layout is from the Bella sketch challenge for this last week...great sketch, huh? All the paper and embellishments (except brads) are from the SU! retired SSK called At Home. Perfect colors and patterns for a guy card, huh?

And now my tribute to dads:

God took the strength of a mountain
The majesty of a tree
The warmth of a summer sun
The calm of a quiet sea
The generous soul of nature
The comforting arm of night
The power of the eagles flight
The joy of a morning spring
The faith of a mustard seed
The patience of eternity
The depth of a family need
Then God combined these qualities
And then there was nothing more to add
He knew his masterpiece was complete
And so he called it...Dad.


Now, no human can have all these qualities as none of us are perfect but God did give each of our dad's exactly what He wanted them to have. We get to look to our Heavenly Father for perfect parenting. What a wonderful place to rest!

11 comments that make my day!:

Christi Flores said...

What a cute card!! Happy Father's Day Todd!! It's so funny saying that since my DH is a Todd too! LOL

tyrymom29 said...

Very cute card Lorie ..... Hope Todd had a wonderful Fathers day !!!

Dani said...

Terrific guy card! That kit is my go to kit for manly cards!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

wonderful card, Lorie! I'll bet Todd loved it!

Diane said...

Great card Lorie,he's cute,love the sketch too!

TA Carbone said...

Lori did you get another Thomas Kinkade for Todd

Toniann
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Lori Barnett said...

Awesome card and love the Dad stuff :) I can tell you that the more I look to God for guidance on parenting...the better things have been. I've come a long way from my 1st to my 5th!

Becca said...

Just terrific as always....
Bela

QuiltNut Creations said...

fabulous!!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

I don't have any Fellas and this one would have been perfect for my FIL with the burgers and BBQ. Just love what you did with the coloring! Terrific embellishments and paper. Love the tribute... a must share!

Beth said...

love this!

great father's day card!