Thursday, April 1, 2010

Two-Step Bird Punch

Woop! It is Thursday! Tonight Todd and I will be attending our church's Maundy Thursday service. It is a service that commemorates Jesus' Last Supper. We've never attended before so I'm not sure what to expect but I do know that we will receive Communion (Eucharist). I'm am very interested in what our Pastor's sermon will be about.

Before that, however, I'll be at Care Net and I hope to find some time to dye eggs with Kyler between Care Net and the service. I hope I'm not over planning!

Today's card was made with Techno Stamper's sketch challenge from this week. I'm not sure why but when I first saw the sketch I knew I would want to make a card with it. In fact, I've had it up on my computer each day so far this week so I would remember to make a card.

Anyway, I used the Two Step Bird Punch from the Occasions Mini Catalog along with Sweet Pea Paper from the same mini. I think the splash of Taken With Teal really is striking and makes the bird/branch really pop. What do you guys think? I was happy to find a sentiment to fit in the middle square. We all need more thank you sentiments, right?

I received a wonderful list of scripture from a friend of mine titled How To Pray For Your Children and I thought I would share one each day over the next couple of weeks. I hope you will enjoy it. Feel free to leave any comments about this feature!

Pray that they will know Christ as Savior early in life. (Psalm 63:1 and 1 Timothy 3:15). I would suggest that you pray that not only will they trust Christ as their Savior early in life but for their own savior, not because you trust in Christ or tell them they should but because they trust that Jesus died and then rose again for them. This may seem like a no brainer but if you are anything like me sometimes a friend has to ask...have you prayed about that before it even occurs to me to do so. Remember God wants to hear all of our prayers...big or small. And really...this is big.

Well, I hope that you see all of God's little miracles today!

4 comments that make my day!:

Missy said...

This is a great card. Great job and a wonderful layout.
Have a fun day.
Thanks for the scripture. It is always nice to get a bit of scripture every day.

Dani said...

Love this!
Hope the service is amazing!
Hugs!

MJ said...

This is a great card, brought an instant smile to my face. Thanks for the scripture/prayer. Love that too. You did a great job with the sketch, glad you had time to play along, hope you can come back again soon.

Bev said...

Love the card. The colors are wonderful and love that bird punch! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!